Monday, July 27, 2015

DIY Number Sign

Posted be Devin


I love graphic signs with numbers and letters and ampersands and such. So when I was needing a little more artwork for my entry wall, I decided to whip up a quick and easy #6 sign! That's how many people are in our family so it seemed like a good number to go with. ;) This sign literally took me about 15 minutes so get ready for a quick tutorial!

Materials Needed:
Wooden slatted sign or canvas (I got my little wooden sign from the craft section at Walmart for under $4)
White and yellow craft paint (or whichever colors you prefer)
Full sheet shipping labels (8 1/2 x 11")
Printer
Sponge brush
Clear finishing spray

Step 1
Paint your sign white.


Step 2
Using Microsoft Word, insert WordArt into a blank document and type in the number of your choice. Scale the number so it it large and will fit across your sign. I used Arial for my font. Print out your number onto one of the shipping labels.


Step 3
Cut out your printed number on the shipping label. Peel the paper backing off of the number and stick it onto your sign, making sure to center it and press the edges firmly down to prevent the paint from bleeding. Paint 2-3 coats of your chosen color (yellow, in my case) on the sign, around the sticker.


Step 4
Once you have a solid coat of paint on the sign, simply peel the label off of the sign. When the paint is dry, spray a quick coat of a finishing spray on the sign to protect the paint from fading, peeling, etc. Your sign is done and ready to hang!



To see tutorials for the other items in my entryway, click on the following links: DIY Painted Lockers, Simple Silhouette Tutorial, Wood Slice Chalkboard Tutorial

Linking Up With: Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection //

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home