Monday, June 22, 2015

No Churn Raspberry Nutella Ice Cream

Posted by Tara


Are you ready for an easy recipe?! Now that we have hit the triple digits here in the Valley, I am doing everything I can to stay indoors and keep cool. So making ice cream sounded like a fine idea to me! I have always wanted an ice cream maker, but have yet to invest in one. Sad, I know. I decided to make my own ice cream without a machine. 

To make this no-churn ice cream, you first want to combine your condensed milk and vanilla and then set aside. 


I proceeded to put my raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice all into the blender and blended until smooth. If you don't care for seeds you can add a step and press all of the seeds out of the sauce with a spatula and sifter. I kept mine in. 



Set your sauce aside and get your heavy whipping cream ready. Pour into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form. I love working with whipping cream. I always find it amazing watching it begin to get thick and creamy!


Slowly pour your condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Blend until fully incorporated. Pour into a container or pan for freezing. I used a bread pan which works great. If you have two bread pans, I definitely recommend doubling this recipe. It'll go fast!



After you have poured your ice cream mixture into the pan, pour your raspberry sauce in. I used a knife and swirled it around. Pop in the freezer for 6+ hours. 


Once frozen, remove and let soften for 15 mins and then drizzle with Nutella. The Nutella and raspberry sauce compliment each other so well. It's one of my favorite combinations. Enjoy this cool treat this summer!!

Ingredients:
1 pint (2cups) heavy cream
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
12 oz raspberries
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp lemon juice

1. Combine raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer no seeds, use a spatula to push through a sifter after blending. Set aside.

2. Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl.

3. Pour your heavy cream in a separate bowl and using a hand mixer blend cream still soft peaks begin to form. (This will take anywhere from 5-7 mins.) Once you have whipped cream, add your vanilla mixture and blend at low speed until fully incorporated.

4. Combine raspberry sauce and ice cream mixture.

5. Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze at least 6 hours to overnight.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM , Blogger jyonash said...

One of my kids is addicted to Nutella! She would go nuts for this ice cream, plus I love that it is NO CHURN! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home