Thursday, February 26, 2015

Travel Trailer Design Inspiration

Posted by Devin


Jake and I recently purchased a new-to-us vintage travel trailer. So far we have only taken it on one trip, but we are planning many more to come. Here's a snapshot from our trip to Cali and Disneyland:

Our whole family is so excited to begin our adventures in trailer-camping but of course, me being me, I am just as excited to decorate it! I have been scouring the internet for inspiration and have come up with three completely different designs I am considering for the decor. Decorating a travel trailer is such a great opportunity to think outside the box and do something really fun and different, but I also want it to feel homey and warm and be a place we love to stay in on our trips. I have narrowed my design ideas down to three themes but I can't seem to decide between them. Here they are. I would LOVE your opinions on which you like best! 

Arizona Theme


I love my home state of Arizona and I think this would be a great theme for the trailer. It is also the easiest as I think I could leave the interior in it's original wood tones with no painting necessary and the colors it came with (mostly reds) match well also. It would require the least amount of work and would be lots of fun to decorate. I'd almost choose this scheme for the cactus pillow alone, which I really want to take a stab at making. Is it not the cutest?!

Vintage Kitsch


Mint, mustard, and coral... oh my! I love this color scheme and the vintage, farmhouse feel to the decor. There's only one problem: it's a bit on the girly side and possibly not very suitable considering I travel with FIVE BOYS and our trailer's name is Gus. The name would have to change for sure. But oh how I do love this style and since I have never been able to decorate a little girl's room, I think I could scratch that itch a bit with this decor... I am planning on asking the boys their opinion on these so I know this one's a long shot. Also, I would definitely need to paint the interior of the trailer white to go with these colors which would be a big job, but very pretty.

Rustic Dream  


This one is definitely not too girly and it really suits my design style as well. I could keep the wood tones or paint all or some of the interior white, either would work. This one seems like a good compromise to me between not having to do too much work on the trailer but also customizing it to my tastes AND between having a boy-friendly theme while keeping my inner-decorator happy. But it's pretty safe and not too far off the way I like to decorate in my own home so it's not giving me a chance to stretch and do something new. Sigh... choices, choices.

And now I want to know you're opinion! Which would you choose? Leave a comment and tell me what you think. When I finally decide and get started I will keep you all updated on the progress!  

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM , Blogger wtiger9 said...

I like 3. It would feel like sleeping in a cozy cabin instead of a camper.

 
At February 26, 2015 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Becky M said...

I love all your ideas!! They are so adorable - looks like you'll enjoy this for a long time! I like the one with the pom Pom banner!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At February 26, 2015 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous SusanH said...

I like the Arizona theme best. All of the fabrics and items chosen are wonderful! I don't think the kitschy one is too girly--after all, there ARE deer heads! You really won't go wrong with any of them. Have fun!

 
At February 27, 2015 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Sandy Young said...

I like the Rustic theme. I want to get an older trailer and fix up as well. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

 
At February 28, 2015 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all of them! #2 would probably be a bit too girly with all your boys. Want to see before pics too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home