Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Preppy Casual

Posted by Devin


My go-to outfits this winter usually include collared, long-sleeve shirts underneath sweaters. It's very classic and maybe a bit of a preppy look, but in a casual way. Preppy-casual. It's totally a thing, right?



I bought this sweater and the collared shirt at Target. They are both super comfortable and I think the cool green and blue tones pair well together. The collared blouse comes across as very neutral and really goes well with just about anything, making it a staple in my closet.


These jeans are such a light denim that they pair well with the cool tones in my tops. Light denim is not everyone's cup of tea, but I am a total fan.


I added a gold necklace and earrings which brought a touch of warmth to this winter ensemble.


A simple purse and oxfords play to the laid-back feel of the outfit and make it a great choice for a busy day in town. A grown up outfit for a mom who wants to keep it casual too. That usually sums up my style pretty well!


What I Wore:
Sweater - Target
Collared Blouse - Mossimo/Target
Jeans - 
Oxfords - Rack Room Shoes
Necklace - Gift
Earrings - Charming Charlie
Bag - Michael Kors

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir //

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Garments Speech said...

You look great, love the colors of your outfit!

Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2015 at 6:31 AM , OpenID alittlebitofem.com said...

My staple is a button up and sweater, too! I gravitate toward that look about 3 our of the 7 days a week! You look great!!

- Emily @ alittlebitofem.com

 
At February 25, 2015 at 10:01 AM , OpenID countrygirlcityfashion said...

I love preppy looks, and this is no exception! Those shoes are adorable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home