Monday, December 22, 2014

Day To Night Shoes

Posted by Devin


I love versatile shoes: shoes that can be worn while running errands around town or picking up kids but that also look great for dressier occasions. Because let's face it, sometimes we only have about 10 minutes to change from our "mom-on-duty" clothes to our "I'm still young and hip and I want to look good when I go out tonight" clothes (you ladies know what I'm talking about). So today I am going to show two great pairs of shoes from Rack Room Shoes that can easily transition from day-wear to night-wear without missing a beat!



These flats are simple and chic and timeless. Plus they are super comfortable and practical for my busy days filled with a wide range of activities. For my "day look" I wore my favorite pair of boyfriend jeans rolled-up at the cuff, a printed tee, and a black blazer (a staple for me in the cooler weather). This is exactly the kind of outfit I like to wear on a day-to-day basis and these shoes pair perfectly with it.


To switch my look from day to night all I needed to do was exchange my jeans for a tulle skirt and voila! Ready for a night out!

I really can't decide which way I like these shoes better. They add a classy touch to my casual clothes but they also pair perfectly with dresses and skirts. Either way, I love them!


If you don't own a pair of ballet flats yet, you are missing out. I can't say enough good things about simple flats in a staple color and these come in not only black, but tan and nude as well.


Western boots are another shoe that know how to work it for daytime or nighttime wear. I think a lot of people shy away from Western boots because they aren't really familiar with them and are a bit unsure of how to style them. But they are actually really versatile and, in my opinion, always on-trend (of course, I am a full-blooded Arizona girl with agricultural roots so I will always love them). And if you've ever had a great pair of Western boots, you know how comfortable they are and how you find yourself wanting to wear them Every. Day.



The "day look" I chose to wear with my boots is as simple as it comes: black skinnies (I love skinnies with Western boots) and a classic striped tee layered with a chambray button-up.


This outfit also switched over to a "night look" with very little effort. I simply traded the black skinnies for a white cotton, eyelet skirt, ditched the striped tee, and buttoned-up the chambray. Boom! Ready to go.


I think Western boots are adorable with skirts and dresses. A little tip here, though: I prefer Western boots with knee-length skirts, no longer. With a boot this cute, you want to make sure you can see them, don't cover them up too much.


Rack Room Shoes offers tons of cute shoes in these styles and more for affordable prices. If you are looking for shoes that can be worn from sun-up to sun-down, they are a great place to start!

What I Wore:
Black Ballet Flats Outfits
Outfit 1
Boyfriend Jeans - American Eagle
Printed Tee - Cents of Style
Blazer - Forever 21
Necklace - Gift
Outfit 2
Tulle Skirt - eBay Store
Brown Western Boots Outfits
Outfit 1
Black Skinnies - Forever 21
Striped Tee - H&M
 Chambray Button-Up - The Gap
Bug Locket Necklace - Forever 21
Outfit 2
White Skirt - Kohl's
Turquoise Pendant Necklace - Charming Charlie

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So // Style Elixir // More Pieces of Me // Rhea Et Cetera //

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Love both looks. I like flats so those are adorable, grea twith the jeans and then the pretty mint skirt! Also love the cowboy boots on you
from the link up,
please stop by, jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

 
At January 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Gina G said...

Lovely looks! Goodness I hope I look nearly so good when I am a mommy (or right now....)

Gina
Pink Wings

 
At January 7, 2015 at 12:06 PM , Blogger bashashhazbaz said...

yowza! i love how you switch from day to night! wow! you may glow during the day but goodness gracious you dazzle at night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home