Monday, October 27, 2014

Mint Polka Dots & Mermaid Hair

Posted by Devin


Last May we were traveling through the Payson area on our way to our family cabin and Jake and I spotted this really cool area with awesome old buildings and cars. It was such a great place for a fashion shoot so Jake suggested we stop and snap some pics! I was originally wearing some flats but I threw on my heels I had packed and my favorite blazer and decided to show how I would wear this outfit for a date night. I love outfits that convert so easily from busy-day wear to dinner out at night!


I love this top I picked up from Forever 21 awhile back. Mint and polka dots. Does it get any better than that?! It's a very subtle mint color, but I love the subtlety since I can pair it with so many things. As I said before, I paired my polka dot shirt with my favorite black blazer from... guess where??? Forever 21! And did I mention that my bug locket is also from Forever 21? Oh F21, what would I do without you?


If you don't currently have a nice black blazer you like, I highly recommend getting one. I love the versatility of a blazer. You can wear them with dresses and skirts or jeans and shorts... I bought mine a few years ago and can't believe I didn't get one sooner. They are the best!


My skinny denim jeans are a newer purchase and also a wardrobe staple for me. I like to have atleast one pair of denim skinnies and one pair of denim bootcut jeans that I love in my closet. They are my go-to pants for sure.


My "mermaid hair" was a bit crazy, but definitely as easy as it gets. I had put my hair into milkmaid braids that morning and then taken them out on our drive and voila! Crazy, wavy hair. "Crazy" and "wavy" happen to be two things my hair does really well.


What I Wore:
Polka Dot Top - Forever 21
Blazer - Forever 21
Denim Skinnies - Target
Heels - Ross
Bug Locket Necklace - Forever 21
Earrings - Charming Charlie

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir // Manic Monday // Join the Gossip // Trend Spin Linkup // Because Shanna Said So // Three-fer Thursday //

Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 27, 2014 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Becky M said...

You gotta love forever 21! That top is so great, and I think your mermaid hair is so pretty!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

 
At October 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Claire said...

You look perfect! Love your photo spot!

God bless,
XO, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At October 29, 2014 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Marta C said...

Love your cute polka dot top & your hair looks so pretty like that!
Marta
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

 
At October 29, 2014 at 3:59 AM , Blogger Victoria Mason said...

Love F21! I feel like they are a blogger secret somehow because none of my non-blogging friends shop there. They think I'm crazy. But they always love whatever I'm wearing from there.

LOVE this look and your hair is my dream hair.

Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

L,
Vicky
TheMummyChronicles.com

 
At October 29, 2014 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

Great outfit, I need to stop in F21 more often! I love the top and the blazer looks great with it
from the link up
please stop by, jess xx
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At October 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Stephanie Kastelan said...

I love the top! What a pretty color, and of course the polka dots!
Stephanie
http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

 
At October 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I love this whole outfit! Everything just works together so well!

 
At October 29, 2014 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Nichole Darrelle said...

I love your "mermaid" hair! I wish my hair would do that.

Fishbowl Fashion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home