Monday, August 18, 2014

Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes

Posted by Tara

I recently went on a date with my husband to a place called St. Francis in Phoenix. We didn't plan on eating there, we just stumbled upon it, but I'm so glad we did. It was delicious! Everything on the menu was placed in a wood fire oven. For our appetizer we got their Crispy Fingerling Potatoes. These potatoes were crispy with tons of herbs on them and they had a lemon aioli for dipping. I didn't think I would like the aioli (because I HATE mayo) but I was surprised to find myslelf dipping my potatoes in it constantly and really enjoying it! Today I thought I would share the recipe I came up with to re-create that appetizer!

Here are your ingredients:
1 1/2lb bag of Fingerling Potatoes
1/4 cup+ olive oil
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 sprig of Rosemary
1 tsp+ Kosher Salt

For the Aioli:
1 Cup Mayo
1 Lemon juice and zest
Salt






















I first preheated my oven to 500 degrees. While that was getting started I rinsed my potatoes and cut them length-wise.

I then put all of the potatoes in a bowl and coated them with olive oil. You want to make sure all the potatoes are evenly coated. I poured quite a bit on them, because I wanted them to bathe in it! Then add your kosher salt. I used a couple teaspoons. You won't need any more than a 1/2 TBSP. Just make sure all of the potatoes are evenly coated with salt.  I then added my cloves which I had cut into large chunks.

For the rosemary, I pulled all the leaves off one sprig and roughly chopped it, then added it to my potatoes, olive oil,  and garlic.

Cover your baking sheet with foil, then pour your potatoes on it and spread them out. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.


While they are cooking, get your mayo and lemon out for the aioli. I played around with this recipe a bit. If you really want a strong lemon taste, use more lemon juice than I suggest. My kids loved the strong lemon (sour) taste but Seth didn't. It's 1 cup of mayo with 1 juice of lemon and zest. Add salt to taste, stir, and it's ready!





















After the 20 minutes of baking turn the oven off immediately and put the potatoes under the broiler for a few minutes. Don't walk away from the oven or they will burn. I'm talking like 3-4 minutes, just to crisp up any potatoes that didn't get amazingly golden!


The potatoes are ready to serve! This makes a great appetizer with the holidays around the corner, and let me tell you, they will be begging for seconds! It was soooooo good! 

Linking up with: Moonlight and Mason Jars // Practically Functional // Just Us Four // Food Folks and Fun // Link Party Palooza // Creative Collection // Your Whims Wednesday

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home