Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mint & Polka Dots Swimsuit

Posted by Devin


I'm not going to lie, today's post is a bit scary for me. Or a lot scary. I have never done a fashion shoot for a swimsuit before and this was not on the top of my list of posts I wanted to do.  Do any of us really want to splash (no pun intended) pictures of ourselves in our swimsuits all over the place?! Unless you're a supermodel, I doubt it. But I am sharing some of my favorite ideas for Stylish Swimsuit Cover-Ups (which I am much more comfortable with) over at Brassy Apple today and I decided, what the heck, I'll go ahead and show you all my favorite swimsuit today as well. After all, this is me! A 33 year-old mom of four who doesn't feel the need to be anything other than what I am. I don't have a perfect body, but I feel good and for the most part, I like how I look. I try to stay relatively fit and healthy and that's enough for me. And maybe putting more average women showing their style on the internet is a good thing, right? Anyways, swimsuit model disclaimer over. Now on to my suit!


I purchased this suit from Alloy. They always have really cute swimsuit options for great prices. The top is a bit ruched along the mid-section and has a removable strap around the neck that I never take off. For some reason I noticed that none of the pictures on this post show the strap! Long hair problem, I guess. But I promise, it's there!

 

I absolutely love the polka dots on the top. Tara and I are both die-hard polka dot lovers, so you have seen plenty of polka dot pieces on here before and are probably going to see lots more to come. And the mint bottoms are too cute. I love everything in mint, so they were an obvious choice for me when picking my suit. Mint and polka dots. A match made in heaven!


One of my very favorite cover-ups is my gray, fold over jersey skirt from Old Navy. It's super comfortable and easy to slip on, not to mention it's so cozy and soft! For other great swimsuit cover-up ideas, make sure to check out my post over at Brassy Apple today!



Thanks so much for stopping by! And for bearing with me through a slightly frightening post for me. ;)
What I Wore:
Swimsuit - Alloy
Jersey Skirt - Old Navy
Fedora - Target
Sunglasses - Charming Charlie
Gold Bangles - Charming Charlie

Linking Up With: The Pleated Poppy // Style Elixir // Because Shanna Said So // Tres Chic Thursday // DC in Style // More Pieces of Me // Fizz & Frosting //

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At July 23, 2014 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Victoria Mason said...

Well, I totally agree this is what the internet needs and you are braver than I am in this area. I reviewed a swimsuit a few months ago but I wouldn't take pictures in it. I felt too pale and self-concious. Go you! You look great!! That suit is so cute too!

L,
Vicky
Come link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday! themummychronicles.com

 
At July 23, 2014 at 5:54 AM , Anonymous Audrey said...

You look adorable:) Love the polka dots and the fact that you photographed it! So cute. Great cover-up too! Have a wonderful day!

Audrey
www.audreysalutes.com

 
At July 23, 2014 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Charnele Michel said...

OMG this swimsuit is too cute! Love the b&w with the mint color!

http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

 
At July 23, 2014 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Jessica Jannenga said...

I was thinking of doing a swimsuit post, dont know if I am daring enough. You look great! I love the polka dots and the mint, you also look super pretty with the hat.
Love it!
from the link up, jess
please stop by
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

 
At July 23, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Marie said...

You look lovely! No, I hate swimsuit season but if I had one that sweet I might wear it in front of a camera!~
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

 
At July 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Nicole Layne said...

You look great! I love the polka dots with the blue! That cover up goes perfectly with the bathing suit top.

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

 
At July 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM , Blogger lori said...

stopping by from wiww... you look great! i love the classic polka dots with a fun colored bottom!!

 
At July 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Ashley from Perfectly Scrubbed said...

You look fantastic!! I love the pattern and the solid mix together! And when you throw on the skirt, it almost doesn't even look like a bathing suit anymore!

 
At July 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Alisa Marie said...

Wow you look fantastic! I just bought a tankini for the first time this year since I just had a baby in January and I like to call it my "momkini". Love that the top is black and white and bottoms are turquoise, love the color contrast!

 
At July 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Claire said...

You look amazing, love the suit! ;)

God bless,
XO, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Claire said...

You look amazing, love the suit! ;)

God bless,
XO, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Claire said...

You look amazing, love the suit! ;)

God bless,
XO, Claire
http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

 
At July 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Madaline said...

First : You look AMAZING!!! Second: I love this suit - it looks like it's cut so well.

 
At July 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Lorna mai ltd said...

You look so fantastic. The swimsuit is trendy and the style of it suits your figure. The hat is the perfect accessory. You look so glamorous by the pool!

 
At July 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Andrea Whitt said...

Love the polka dots! You look gorgeous! xo Andrea
Boho Bunnie

 
At July 28, 2014 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Tori said...

You are seriously killing it in this suit!! You look fabulous--and your accessories make the whole look complete :)

Tori
FashionBlingGirlyThings

 
At July 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Anna Belle said...

I love that combo of mint and dots - so cute!

 
At July 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Tammy Hiveley said...

Adorable! I love dots too but I don't have very much for some reason. I'll have to work on that! :-) You look great! Tammy

http://wildruffle.com

 
At July 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Carylee said...

Certainly nothing to be self conscious about because you look fab! Love the suit and the cover up! Very tasteful but still sexy! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

 
At July 31, 2014 at 3:39 AM , Blogger Whitney Damrau said...

I completely forgot about Alloy for bathing suits! Thanks for the reminder I am stocking up for the beach! You look adorable! You can never go wrong with polka-dots!

xoxo,
Whitney & Blaire

Peaches In A Pod

 
At August 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM , Blogger bashashhazbaz said...

wow! you look amazing in that bathing suit! very cool!

 
At March 30, 2016 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Celia said...

This bathing suit is adorable! I love black and white polka dots, but I never could stand the lack of some color - something subtle and not so loud. The mint colored bottom is just that and you rock it! You chose amazing accessories as well - enough to not feel naked and not enough to attract an unwelcomed amount of attention.

Ceilia @ Chynna Dolls

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home