Sunday, July 20, 2014

DIY Key Wall Art

Posted by Tara

The other day I was digging around in my junk drawer (yes, I have one) and came across a few keys that have no purpose any more here in our home. They are old keys, either from our old home or mail box or from our parent's past homes. I recently saw a few wall art ideas, but they all used antique keys. These certainly aren't as old as those, but I figured they could be used in the same way!
Here is what you'll need to make your own Key Wall Art:
Frame
A quote of your choice. I liked having a quote that had to do with the word "Key"
6 Keys
Any color paint. I chose gold (very versatile)
Paint Brush 
Card stock to print quote on
Elmer's Craft Glue (not pictured)

I first found a quote from Mother Teresa that I thought would look cute with my project. Search google or pinterest and find one that speaks to you! Maybe use "Hard work is the Key to Success" and put it in your office. Then get started painting your keys. You can spray paint them or use craft paint or even nail polish! I was about to use my mint nail polish but opted for the gold craft paint. I love how it turned out!



It took a few coats, probably about 3, before I felt like it was coated well. Let the keys dry before arranging them on card stock. I measured my paper and tried lining them up. So no tips on that, just eye it until it looks good. 


Next, use your craft glue to glue the keys in place. Let the glue dry and then insert into your frame. It turned out so good and has a very classic look. Even though my keys aren't antique, I feel like the gold paint gave them a similar look. 


You can hang it or place it on a desk or table top next to some cute antique books. I'm super excited to get this hung up with some other fun pictures on my gallery wall! Be on the look out for that post in a couple weeks! There will be some great Gallery Wall Inspiration that you will want to check out!


Linking up with: Link Party Palooza // Moonlight and Mason Jars //  Practically Functional // Just Us Four // Creative Collection // Fluster Buster //

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Desaree Martin said...

I love this idea! Now I need to go find some old keys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home