Friday, March 21, 2014

Homemade Banana Bread

Posted by Tara


Ever get a hankering for some banana bread?! Well, I do. I think I get it from my Dad. I remember as a kid, my Dad always enjoyed some banana bread with butter on it. This recipe comes from my Mom and I think she said a long time ago they had found it in a book. Not sure what book, but it's dang delicious and I thought I would share!

First you blend your eggs, sugar, and butter together. 


Then add your extremely ripe bananas. The more ripe the better!


I then combine all my dry ingredients and slowly add them into the batter.


It's not done yet. Add your buttermilk. I never have it on hand, so I make my own with milk and vinegar. The recipe calls for 1 cup of buttermilk so I measure out 1 cup of milk and add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and that does the trick!


Pour your batter into your bread pans. Tap the pans on the counter to ensure there are no bubbles and they are level. 


Bake at 350 for 50 mins-1 hour.  I'm crazy when it comes to over cooking things, I really don't like it, so I always start checking a few minutes before the recipe calls for it to be done. 


And there you have it! Super easy and moist banana bread. When they are done, I allow them to cool on a cooling rack then pull them out of the pan and let them cool a little longer. I feel like the longer they sit in the pan, the harder the exterior gets. I like my banana bread super soft!


Ingredients
2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
3 ripe bananas
3 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
pinch of salt

Blend together eggs, margarine, sugar, and bananas. In a separate bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients slowly. If you want nuts, add 1/2 cup of nuts to batter.
Pour batter into 2 bread pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minute - 1 hour.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2014 at 1:36 AM , Anonymous Jillian said...

Looks SO good, Pinning!

 
At March 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Salt and Pepper said...

Thank you Jillian!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home