Monday, January 20, 2014

Easy Valentine's Centerpiece

Posted by Tara


I love Valentine's Day. It's a day that I remember all those I love and cherish. As Valentine's approaches I can't help but enjoy seeing all of  the pink and red flowers and gifts throughout the stores! I decided to attempt my first centerpiece this year for Valentine's.
A few years ago I bought a ceramic piece at a garage sale. I never had a plan for it. It sat in my guest bathroom for a while as decor. After a while I didn't love it anymore and tucked it away in a closet. When I envisioned a centerpiece for this holiday, I wanted a gold vase holding some lovely flowers. I couldn't find what I was looking for and thought why not use that ceramic urn I have at home?! 


I really wanted to spray paint it, but didn't like any of the colors I found at a few stores. I opted for craft paint and I'm so glad I did. This piece is small enough that it didn't take long to give it one good coat of paint.
I used Glorious Gold by Patio Paint. A lot of the paints I came across were metallic, but I didn't want that super metallic shine. This paint is gorgeous and covered nicely. 


After I finished painting, I assembled the flowers. Now, I am not florist, so it's definitely not perfect, but I like it! The gold compliments all of the pinks. This seriously took me a total of 30 minutes. I love how easy this was! The only tip I found about assorting the flowers was try and space out the different colors and textures you have. I made sure when I bought mine that they complimented each other. Good luck and happy crafting!!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Michele Reynolds said...

Really pretty! Love fresh cut flowers and your gold bowl:) Pinning

 
At January 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Really Pretty!
I am Gold Lover myself!
I am co hosting Fluster's Creative Muster Link Party!! Thanks so much for linking up!

Hugs,
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home