Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Plaid at the Fair

Posted by Devin

 
I've been seeing a lot of plaid on Pinterest lately and have loved all of it. I was actually kind-of shocked when I looked through my closet and discovered I didn't have a single plaid button-up shirt! Say what?!! How had I gone this long without one?!! Another thing I have been dying to purchase was a pair of boots WITHOUT high heels. I have a lot of boots but they all had heels! Not so great for a day of running around with the kids. So my first two purchases for the Fall season were this plaid shirt and these brown riding boots. And how did I decided to spend my first day breaking-in my new boots? Why a trip to the fair of course!

 
Here's Cash looking a bit glum, but we had a big surprise for him after his brother's soccer games: this was their very first trip to the state fair!
 
 
Jake won't touch the swings with a 10-foot pole, but Connor and I thoroughly enjoyed them!

 
Am I not the luckiest lady having these cool cats as my dates?
 
 
Cash LOVED the monster truck show. The noise. The flying dirt. It was right up his alley.

 
I'm pretty sure the big boys had a good time too.

 
Jake and I decided we weren't going to leave without trying atleast one nasty-fried-fair-concotion. So we opted for the deep fried snickers. And yes, it was pretty gross. Although the boys thought it was good! I'll stick with funnel cake next time (which we also had).

 
After six long hours at the fair I am happy to report there were no sore feet here! I think I can consider my boots broken-in!
 
What I Wore:
Plaid Shirt - JC Penney
Skinnies - Old Navy
Boots - JC Penney
Chevron Bag - Macy's (Red by Marc Ecko)
 
Linking Up With:

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Haha deep fried snickers - sounds pretty bad! You look so cute - the plaid was definitely perfect for the fair. And your boys are so cute!

 
At November 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

awww very cute pics!!! :)

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

 
At November 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Style Journey said...

What a cute outfit for the fair! Your boys are adorable too!

 
At November 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Yeah it was NOT good, lol! Thank you Ashley! xoxo

 
At November 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Sandy!

 
At November 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Aww thank you! I think they're pretty adorable too. ;)

 
At November 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Amanda @ A Good Hue said...

The boots are really cute! Next time, try the deep fried cookie dough.... OMG!

 
At November 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Amanda! If I ever try a strange deep-fried food again, I will definitely go with that. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home