Monday, November 18, 2013

Handmade Commemorative Ornaments

Posted by Devin


A month ago our family took a special week long vacation to the beach to celebrate my mother and father-in-laws 40th wedding anniversary. My husband's two brothers and their families also attended and it was a such a fun and fabulous trip! I know we will all remember it for a long, long time.
 
I decided that to commemorate the occasion I wanted to make special Christmas ornaments for everyone this year! I brought home some sand and small shells from our trip to fill glass ornaments with. I love these mini-beachscapes inside of a  beautiful glass ball. I know every time we hang it on our tree we will remember the wonderful time we had.
 
I thought I'd share this simple idea with all of you! If you took any kind-of family vacation or special trip this year, there are so many possibilities of things you could fill these ornaments with: ticket stubs, leaves, small rocks or stones, little maps... you name it! If you are interested in creating your own ornaments with your personal souvenirs, here's the how-to.
 
What you need:
- empty clear glass ornaments
- glass paint marker
- twine or ribbon
- special souvenir items to fill ornaments



Clean the glass ornaments using glass cleaner. Write the name and date of your trip on the ornament with the glass paint marker.


Remove the cap and fill the ornaments with your special items. Replace the cap and tie twine or ribbon to the top for hanging. I started with ribbon and then switched to twine as I liked the look better with the sand and shells.


When you're done you can hang your ornament on your own tree to treasure year after year or give it as a special gift or Christmas present to a loved one! Personalized ornaments are the best, in my opinion. Happy holidays!

 
Linking Up With: Practically Functional, Just Us Four, Linky Party Palooza

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2017 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Jade Graham said...

They even have their own passport stamps!! On their land is a museum of sorts with a random assortment of pottery, חופשה

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home