Monday, November 25, 2013

DIY Holiday Wreath

Posted by Tara


A week ago I did a round-up of Last Minute Wreaths. It put me in gear and helped me get a wreath done. I chose a super easy one that was neutral for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here is what you'll need:
18" Wire Wreath
4" burlap ( I used 3 rolls)
Any ribbon of your choosing (Larger than 3 in)
I initially got a letter for a monogram in the middle, but when I finished I liked it without. It's all in your preference.

I found a great tutorial on how to weave the burlap through the wire here. StoneGable blog helped me make this wreath a lot easier! As I weaved the burlap I would scrunch it together to fit as much burlap as I could in each section. 


After I finished putting the burlap on the wire, it was on to the ribbon and bow. Devin and I found this ribbon at Michael's and they were the last two spools! We love the gold polka dots! I followed a tutorial from On Sutton Place to make the bow. It was extremely easy, which is why I chose it! Will definitely save their link for upcoming bows for parties and other wreaths. 


Here is how my bow turned out. My only suggestion is to make sure your ribbon is larger than 3 inches. Mine isn't and I felt like it would have been cuter if it was. I still love the finished product!

Here is my wreath hanging on my door. Since I live on a dirt road, the burlap worked out well hiding the dust. I really love how I can use this now for both holidays. 

 
Devin also purchased all of the materials to make a burlap wreath following my tutorial and here is how her's turned out!
 
 
Devin decided to use the letter monogram and to put the ribbon throughout the wreath instead of in one large bow. To make this wreath follow the same instructions for weaving the burlap through the wire, but you will also weave the ribbon through the wire in the same fashion, alternating 2 rows of burlap and them 1 row of ribbon all the way around. She used exactly 2 rolls of the 4" burlap and 1 roll of ribbon, plus a little twine to tie the monogram to the wire on the wreath.
 
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter

Linking up with: I Should be Mopping

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Mommy Hates Cooking said...

This is beautiful! I have been trying to figure out what type of wreath to make for the winter and this would be perfect! So glad I saw this over on Tatertots and Jello Linky Party!

 
At December 4, 2013 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you for stopping by! This is definitely easy and a great wreath to make!!

 
At December 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Mandy Hank said...

This is beautiful Tara! Love the ribbon :) Looking forward to seeing you on Friday :)
Thank you for linking up to Get Your DIY On!
Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home