Wednesday, July 17, 2013

An Unexpected Striped Maxi

Posted by Devin

 
I have been on the hunt for a striped maxi dress for quite some time. For some reason I really, really wanted a yellow and gray one. I searched everywhere (well ok, I looked on the internet and at Old Navy, but this mama doesn't have a lot of time for a clothing goose chase) and couldn't find one in those 2 colors. Then the other night after dinner in town, Jake took me over to Ross to look around on our way home. Low and behold, squashed in with all of the other dresses, there was my yellow and gray striped maxi dress! I couldn't believe it! I grabbed it off the rack, ran back to the dressing room, quickly changed in eager anticipation AND..... Eh. It was just so-so. The fabric was a little thin, I wasn't thrilled with the slits on the sides, the scoop in the front went lower than I liked... All in all, not a winner.
 
I put the dress back and dejectedly walked to the front of the store with Jake where we got in the check out line to purchase a bag of toy monster trucks (bribes for our potty training 3 year old). From the line I suddenly spied a whole section of striped maxi dresses I had missed and ran over to take a look. That's when I spotted this little gem! I didn't even try it on. I grabbed it and got back in line with Jake just as he made it to the register. I put it on when I got home and instantly loved it. It wasn't EXACTLY what I had been wanting, but sometimes when searching for one thing you find something even better.
 
Ah, don't you just love a good "girl meets dress" story?
 
 

 
 
 
What I Wore:
Striped Maxi Dress - Ross
Chambray Shirt - ??? (old as the hills, can't remember)
Coral Wedges - JC Penney
Yellow Necklace - Charming Charlie's
 
Linking Up With:

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

You look so cute! I love that you found a striped maxi dress that you actually really like!

 
At July 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Niki Caron said...

I love that maxi! Gorgeous!

 
At July 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Ashley! Just took a peek at your maxi... Love it! ~Devin

 
At July 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Niki! Asren't maxi dresses the best?! ;) ~Devin

 
At July 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM , Blogger My name is Rita said...

Cute outfit. Love the maxi, If you got a chance, please link up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-we-wore-6.html

 
At July 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM , Anonymous Abby said...

That maxi is gorgeous!! Love it with the chambray :)

Abby
Life in the Fash Lane

 
At July 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Just linked up! Thanks Rita! ~Devin

 
At July 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Abby!

 
At July 18, 2013 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lauren @ Style Elixir said...

Great dress!!!

Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home