Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Road Trip "I Spy" Printables for Kids

Posted By Tara

This past weekend me and my family made a trip to St. George. Well, to make a long story short, this trip was the longest weekend trip I have ever been on. As soon as we left, the kids came down with a stomach bug and puked for the entire 8 hours that we drove. Crummy! We had a great time once we got there and kids started feeling better. 


We went to Zions National Park on Saturday and hiked in the creek with the kids. It was perfect for kids! I was amazed by the beauty in Zions. I loved all the red rock and green trees. The water was clear and perfect in temperature.  


On the drive home, the kids were burnt out on watching the DVD player, and were completely bored. All I heard was "Are we almost home?" "How much longer?" "I'm bored". I had brought them some books, but they read them all on the way up there. That is when I came up with this printable. I will now print this before EVERY road trip. On this printable it has a list of things to spy while on the road. Hand them this printable and a pencil and they are good to go! Click here for the big kid version and here for the little kid version (pictures for non-readers) or on the images below to print.

Big Kid Version:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSnruYDpCTLNE91TXpPN2UzN00/edit
 
 Little Kid Version:
 
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSnruYDpCTLb1pfQUxjZzE0VmM/edit?usp=sharing

Devin thought it would be a good idea to do an Alphabet Game printable for road trips also. My kids love playing the alphabet game! For the Alphabet Printable click here or on the image below. 
 
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSnruYDpCTLa1AzbUR4ZzRDZmM/edit?usp=sharing
 
I hope that this will help in future vacations with kids and also quick road trips. Happy "I Spying"!!

Don't forget to follow us on BlogLovin'!!
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Tatum said...

How old are your kids? I have tried to follow a lot of the clean up before bedtime rules and clean kitchen at night. My boys are 5, and 3 and I wonder if they are too young. Sometimes I get more frustrated with how slow they are and I know I could so it faster and better myself.

 
At June 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Hi Tatum! My boys are 9, 7, 5 and 3. My 9 and 7 year olds are pros at this now (not that they don't require occasional nudging), but yes my 5 and 3 year olds still need help. I am firm but gentle with them that they have to clean up before making another mess. And even if I am doing most of the work cleaing up I make sure that they are working to clean up too and that they feel they were integral in the clean up process. It's a little more work now, but I definitely think it sets a precedent for them of expected behavior and pays off later. Hope this helps! -Devin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home