Friday, June 28, 2013

Independence Day Trivia Facts for Kids

Posted by Devin:

Sooooo.... I am a bit of a nerd. I LOVE trivia. When we take trips to our family cabin, I force Jake to ask me the questions on the Trivial Pursuit cards stored in the game chest. Not Jake's favorite thing to do, but I can't get him to actually play the game with me so it's the next best thing. Tara knows all about this as I made her and Seth participate in this activity the last time we all went to the cabin together (hopefully they will come back with us someday). She loves to kid me about my random (and seemingly useless) knowledge.
 
Hand-in-hand with my trivia love, is my interest in history. I love me a good PBS documentary or historical novel (is my nerd-level sky rocketing now?). A few years back I read David McCullough's 1776 and was blown away by the amazing events of the American Revolution. So much of that book stuck in my head and I can not believe what a miraculous event the formation of our great country truly was. If you have not read it, I highly recommend you give it a try.
 
As Independence Day approaches, I decided I wanted to share some of the cool facts surrounding the events of that time with my children. I want them to have something inspiring to reflect on when they see those beautiful fireworks exploding in the sky this year. So here is the sheet of "10 Amazing Facts for the 4th of July" that I put together for them. I hope everyone has a safe and blessed holiday all across this beautiful nation! 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Christine said...

I LOVE THIS! If you’re interested in more Independence Day trivia, I have a quiz on my blog. Stop by www.weartostandout.com/blog/independence-day-quiz and let me know how you did. xoxo, WearToStandOut

 
At July 29, 2013 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Just took your quiz! I aced it, woot woot! Lol! Love me some trivia. :) Thanks Christine! ~Devin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home