Monday, June 24, 2013

Being a Mother of 5: Be the BEST you can Be!

Posted by Tara


Do you ever lay in bed at night and recall all the things that went on during the day? I do. I also think about how I was as a mother that day. Did I get angry? Did I hug all of them? Did I comfort them when needed? All of my kids are pretty close in age. The ages are 8,7,5,4, and 20 months. For the first 7 years of marriage I was pregnant every year except for one. It was very tiring but I wouldn't change it. Was it hard having 3 under 2 1/2 years .... Yes. Was is expensive having 3 in diapers... Yes. But I would go back and do it again. Why you ask? They are all such buddies. Nothing brings me more joy than hearing my children giggling together and enjoying each other. 
Each child is so different. Some are more emotional than the others, some are quiet while others are chatter boxes. I love how each of them have their own personality. Which means I need to be a different parent to each. I remember while taking Psychology in college, my professor told us that each of us had different parents then our siblings. It was before I had children of my own, so I didn't understand. But now as an adult, I understand that I can't approach each child the same, because all of them are unique. 
People often ask me "How do you do it?" with 5 kids. How do I grocery shop, or run errands by myself with all of them. I'm not going to lie, I've been that woman in the grocery store with the screaming child, or restaurant with the rambunctious kids. It can be embarrassing, but why? Hasn't every mother experienced this at some point? I know that when I see a mother struggling to calm a crying baby in the store, I want to go help them, or tell them what a great job they are doing. There is a quote that I like to look at often its by Jeffery R. Holland. "If you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do." This quote reminds me, no matter how hard I try I will never be that perfect parent. I just need to remember to be the BEST I can be and know that is all that is required of me. I hope all those moms out there can relate to what I'm saying, and those who have yet to experience motherhood can take what they need from this post. Be the BEST you can be!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Mandy Hank said...

I couldn't agree more, I only have 2 kids. It's hard to manage it all but it seems to give me motivation each day to be a better mom the next day and try a little harder.
I think as long as we love them and do our best, that is what being a great mom is all about.

 
At June 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I totally agree Mandy!! Thanks for understanding, and hopefully it all made sense.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home