Monday, May 27, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Posted by Tara

Pizza. Who doesn't love pizza?! Lately I have been loving gourmet pizzas. Seth and I recently ate at Yard House for a date and we shared a BBQ chicken pizza. I inspected the ingredients so that I could go home and try making it for myself. All I have to say is that it was a success!
First you will need to pick a BBQ sauce that you really like. There are so many choices out there, so I sure you couldn't go wrong. My choices are Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy or Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty. I've made this pizza twice now with both of these and I love the kick they give to the pizza. 

Here are all my ingredients. It doesn't take much to throw this awesome pizza together! That is what I love about it. 

I first chop up 1-2 chicken breasts. I'm pretty lazy when it came to this, because I just grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the store. I love those chickens and convenient they are for a quick meal!

Next I drizzled a little BBQ sauce on the chicken just to lightly coat it. 

Roughly chop up some cilantro. I am a cilantro FREAK and love tons on my pizza, but I suggest chopping 1-2 tablespoons. 

Open your pizza dough. You can use homemade or Pillsbury like I did. Devin snapped a picture of me anticipating the "Pop" when it opens. lol (And yes, that is my baby on the counter)

Spread your dough over your pizza pan. I love mine because it has holes in the bottom so the pizza cooks all the way through. No doughy center on mine! I then drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and toss in the oven to precook. I precook for about 6-7 minutes. You will see your dough get light in golden color, but not dark.


When you pull it out of the oven, spread your sauce over the top. Then sprinkle with Parmesan. 

 
I then top with mozzarella, BBQ chicken, red onion, and a sprinkle of cilantro. Put back in oven till everything has melted and looks amazing!


 Ingredients

1 roll of Pizza dough
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1-2 cooked chicken breasts
1-2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
BBQ Sauce
Mozzarella
Parmesan

Instructions 

Follow dough instructions on package. Preheat oven and cook for 6-7 minutes still LIGHT in color. When precooked spread BBQ sauce on the top. Then sprinkle with Parmesan, and mozzarella. Add toppings on top of cheese and put back in oven for another 5-6 minutes. 

Enjoy this yummy pizza, I know I did!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2014 at 6:21 AM , Blogger James Moore said...

OMG! That BBQ chicken pizza looks absolutely delicious. It looks easy to do too! The step by step photo details are very helpful. I can't wait to try that out and make one myself. Thanks for sharing. :3

James Moore @ Lin’s Buffet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home