Monday, April 22, 2013

A "Berry" Sweet Teacher Gift

Posted by Devin
 
In my recent post, Strawberry Freezer Jammin', I promised to tell you about my gifts for the boys' teachers this year. I made each of them a dozen mini-muffins paired with a jar of our homemade jam and placed in gift totes with my printable tags. And here they are, all finished!


What I did:
 
Step 1: Major jam session with Tara. For recipe and instructions, see my post on Strawberry Freezer Jammin'. When you are done with all of the jam-making fun, put some of your jam into clean baby food jars. (I knew storing all of those baby food jars would pay off someday!)

 
Step 2: Paint the lids of your jars. I just happened to have some red spray paint on hand so I put a few coats on my lids and voila! Looking cuter all ready.

 
 
For cuteness overload; take some white acrylic paint, a pencil eraser, turn on a good show to watch, and add some polka dots! Now we're talking.
 
 
 

 
 
Step 3: Make some muffins. I chose to make mini-cornbread muffins, something simple to highlight the strawberry jam yumminess!
 

Step 4: Print these gift tags I made! They say "Thank you berry much for being my teacher this year." Here is the link for small ones and here is the link for slightly larger ones in case you'd like to give your teachers a large jar of jam (gotta keep it proportional). Personally I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do the small ones, I have a love for all things miniature. Cut out your tags, making sure to leave room for a hole punch at the top.
 
 

Step 5: Assemble it all together! I found the cutest polka dot gift totes in the dollar bins at Target. I'm not sure why the label on the shelf says "duct tape" but they did actually belong in the dollar bins, nonetheless.

 
Put some muffins into a cellophane bag (I had striped ones left over from Christmas that I thought went nicely with the totes, yay!), then place the bag of muffins and the jam into the gift tote and tie on the tag! I used raffia for all of my ties. My mom gave me a giant bag of raffia, probably 10 years ago, and I think it regenerates! I use it all of the time in place of ribbon (not to mention that it's the straw every year for the manger when the Gable grandchildren have their Christmas nativity) and it never seems to get any smaller! Strange.
 
 
 
 
Anyways, that's it! I hope our teachers like them and if you choose to make your own, I hope your's do too!
 
~Devin

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Ocasio Family said...

It says you need permissions to print off the "thank you berry much" tag. can i get access please?

 
At April 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Go ahead and try again, I think we fixed it.

 
At April 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Ocasio Family said...

Thanks, it worked!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home